Harris County ESD 48 Fire Department (“HCESD 48”) is proud to announce the Second Annual Katy Area Safety Fest sponsored by Katy Mills. This year’s event will be held from 10a.m. – 2p.m. Saturday, April 22, 2017, at Katy Mills Mall, 5000 Katy Mills Circle, Katy, TX 77494. The Katy Area Safety Fest is free to the public and will feature personnel, equipment, and apparatus from the 20+ agencies that serve the greater Katy area.
“We are excited to host this year’s Katy Area Safety Fest because we believe that strong public/private relationships can play a big role in making the community we live in a safer place for everyone,” said Don Massey, General Manager for Katy Mills.
The Safety Festival’s purpose is to familiarize residents with the men and women who serve the greater Katy area, as well as the daily tasks of various agencies that protect our community through a variety of fun, educational, and high-energy activities. Whether fighting fires or engaging with and educating the residents we serve, HCESD 48 and our many safety partners understand just how much community awareness and involvement can prevent disasters or limit the extent of damage resulting from such emergencies.
Festival activities will include:
- Fire and EMS exhibits and demonstrations, including car fire and extrication demos
- Life Flight and Police helicopter landings and viewings
- Law enforcement exhibits, vehicles, and live demonstrations
- Fire Truck, Ambulance, and other assorted emergency vehicle tours
- “Firefighters Combat Challenge,” as well as a “Jr. Firefighter Challenge”
- An inflatable play area and children’s activities
- Food and refreshment vendors
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Simon VanDyk at (281) 599-8888 or email at email@example.com.